[tlhIngan Hol] More on {-moH} and tritransitive verbs

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Dec 9 01:35:23 PST 2016

Am 09.12.2016 um 04:01 schrieb Alan Anderson:
> Conversational Klingon has a contradictory example: {pa'vo' pagh
> leghlu'} "The room has no view."

I first read "Controversial Klingon" ;-)

I think in that case, {-vo'} is used in combination with to {legh} to
indicate the direction of seeing: Your look starts in the room and goes
in the direction of outside.

When I'd say {pa'Daq pagh leghlu'}, it's wrong, because you surely can
see things IN the room. But FROM there to somewhere else, you do not see
anything.

I think there are many other things you can do "from" a room: yell,
shoot, throw things, send data, etc...

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh