[tlhIngan Hol] The mouth of Sauron

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Dec 20 17:07:29 PST 2016

On 12/20/2016 5:50 PM, De'vID wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2016 19:52, "mayqel qunenoS" <mihkoun at gmail.com
> <mailto:mihkoun at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         however, when a word carries the {-'egh}, isn't that word incapable of
>
>     having an object ?
>
>     De'vID:
>
>     > romuluSngan HoH'eghmoHlaH'a' tlhIngan?
>
>     I can't understand this.. "the klingon is able to make himself
>     kill the romulan" ?
>
>     Is this canon
>
> wotvaD mojaq vIchel'eghmoHta'DI' Dayajbe''a'?

I can follow the English-to-Klingon logic of these sentences, but I do
not see the sequence of grammatical rules that construct them from
Klingon originally and legally. Unless you're saying that we can read
this as *vI- [chel'egh] -moH*/I cause it to self-add,/ where *chel'egh*
is being treated as a separate verb.