[tlhIngan Hol] paq'batlh mu'tlhegh

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 06:32:24 PST 2016

On Dec 19, 2016 13:59, "mayqel qunenoS" <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

De'vID:

> {naDev ghaHtaHbogh} "here where he is"

I didn't know that the {-bogh} can express "where". if that is the case,
then I can understand the sentence from paq'batlh.

nuqjatlh?!

TKD 6.2.3:
"Relative clauses are translated into English as phrases beginning with
who, which, where, and, most commonly, that."

however I am curious..

in light of the {-bogh} being able to express the meaning of "where", how
would you explain the tkd p.172 sentence: {jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'} ?

"here where I am being" ? but in the {naDev ghaHtaHbogh} "here where he is"
example that you wrote, the {naDev} precedes the {-bogh}..

I think Okrand made a transcription error and reversed the order of two
words.

--
De'vID