[tlhIngan Hol] Who shall call them from the twilight ?

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 06:37:34 PST 2016

SuStel:
> 'Ip lulay'bogh HevwI' tuqnIgh
> house member of the receiver of the oath
> which they swore.

thank you for explaining this ! I just learned something new, something I
hadn't realized so far !

we have the {'Ip lulay'bogh} "the oath which they swore". and then we have
the {HevwI' tuqnIgh}. So, we put them together, forming a noun-noun
construction thus getting "house member of the receiver of the oath which
they swore". this is beautiful !

I hadn't realized that we could take a noun, entangle it with {-bogh} and
use it in a noun-noun construction.

jIQuch !

however, a new question just appeared in my mind, so let me ask you..

instead of the {'Ip lulay'bogh HevwI' tuqnIgh}, could we write {'Ip'e'
lulay'bogh HevwI' tuqnIgh}, or would this be considered a violation of the
rule that "in noun-noun constructions only the last noun can take type-5
suffixes" ?

qunnoH jan puqloD
ghoghwIj HablI'vo' vIngeHta'