[tlhIngan Hol] {-'e'} on {-DIch}

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 20 06:36:06 PST 2016

mayqel qunenoS asked:
>> can an ordinal number take the {-'e'} ?

SuStel answered:
> I don't see why not. Ordinals are still numbers, and numbers
> are treated grammatically as nouns.

I quite agree, but I could find only one example of a noun suffix used with {-Dich}:

  qep'a' wejDIchDaq jatlhtaH tlhIngan Hol HaDwI'pu'.
  [untranslated] (st.klingon 11/1996?)

To which SuStel commented some time later (do you remember the date?):

"... in answering my letter about {qep'a' wejDIch}, Marc Okrand used the phrase {qep'a' wejDIchDaq}. Now, it could be considered just a name, but it may also be possible that noun suffixes can go to the ordinal number."

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'