[tlhIngan Hol] Each

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Thu Dec 1 09:00:27 PST 2016

There is the not fully understood word {ngIq}, which appears to function as "each" or "one by one" in most contexts.

Canonical examples:

== paq'batlh, paq'raD, Canto 12, Stanza 8 ==

yerchajvo' Haw'
qamchIynganpu'
ngIq nuv luHoH

molor vaghvatlh
molor vaghvatlh
molor vaghvatlh

The people of Qam-Chee,
They fled their territory,
And were killed one by one.

By the five hundred of Molor,
By the five hundred of Molor,
By the five hundred of Molor,

== paq'batlh, paq'raD, Canto 13, Stanza 9 ==

nIteb chegh molor ngIq ghoqwI’
joqwI’’e’ cha’bogh qeylIS
luDel ‘e’ ra’ molor

One by one Molor's scouts return,
He asks them which banner
Kahless marches under

== paq'batlh, paq'raD, Canto 23, Stanza 12 ==

ngIq tonSaw’ lo’ ‘ej tIqDu’ lel
ngIq tonSaw’ lo’ ‘ej quvqa’
ngIq tonSaw’ lo’ ‘ej rIn may’

In one single move, he removed the hearts,
In one single move, he restored his honor,
In one single move, the battle was done.

== paq'batlh, paq'raD, Canto 23, Stanza 15 ==

ngIq tonSaw’ lo’
SaD law’ San chenmoH qeylIS
wej boghbogh nuvpu’ San chenmoH

In one single move,
Kahless decided the fate
Of thousands, and those to come.

(As you can see, these past two examples don´t quite fit in with the rest, seeming to me "single one", rather than "each".)

== Klingon Monopoly cards ==

{ngIq raQ - 150 QaS}
"outposts cost 150 each"

{ngIq raQvaD cha'maH vagh QaS yInob.}