[tlhIngan Hol] The crucible

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun Aug 7 08:40:10 PDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 4:16 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
> anyway, returning to your original question, I wrote {wa'vam jaj wIjIn},
> trying to say "we wish for this one day".

What you mean is not clear to me. Do you want "one day" to mean "at
some future date" or "eventually"? Or are you trying to talk of a
specific singular day? "This" doesn't stand alone as a pronoun in
Klingon the way it does in English, but you can't just stick it on a
convenient noun if that noun isn't what "this" is specifying. You
might be trying to say {wa' jajvam}, though I'm not sure why you would
say that.

"This one" doesn't make much sense in Klingon with the number {wa'},
especially when what "one" is counting hasn't been stated, and I can't
figure out what "day of this one" would mean.

You also have a habit of putting phrases in an unusual order, with the
main idea first and the context later. That's not a problem with
grammar, but it is a style that makes the reader have to work a lot
harder in order to understand what you're saying. For example:

> qay'wI'mey bamlu' ; neH 'Iv ? pagh.
> 'a ngoDvam wIlIj : qay'wI'mey neH pagh 'a 'ut bIH.

The way you wrote this makes it look look like the {ngoD} you are
talking about is the previous line instead of the following one.
Klingon works better when you keep the entire object before the verb.

-- ghunchu'wI'