[tlhIngan Hol] [Tlhingan-hol] Liquid Nitrogen

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 07:12:42 PDT 2016

Am 05.08.2016 um 15:52 schrieb Rhona Fenwick:
> My first instinct with "liquid nitrogen" is to render it as {voQSIp
> betgham} "nitrogen liquid",

That is the way I would use it too. Following the pattern of baS 'In, a
drum made of metal, {voQSIp betgham} is a "liquid made of nitrogen".

As Philip pointed out, the problem in the first question was that
"liquid nitrogen" is used as a adjectve while the noun should be
"nitrogen-liquid."

> {bIQ
> chuch} feels natural to me for this meaning in Klingon too, and
> certainly {chuch bIQ} feels entirely wrong.

Yes, I agree. {chuch bIQ} is an icecold glass of water.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh