[tlhIngan Hol] Why don't they bathe ?

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Thu Aug 18 14:56:42 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:
> One gets pretty "soaked" by standing in the shower. That too is HaH'egh.

pIm vuDwIj.

I only "get soaked" in the shower if I try to use it as a substitute
for soaking in a hot bath. That uses too much water, though. If I'm
just cleaning myself, I certainly get *wet*, but I don't get *soaked*.

I believe that the original meaning of "marinate", along with the
expanded "soak", refers to putting something in a tub full of liquid
and letting it sit there for a while. KGT gives "bathing" as an
example of {HaH'egh}, and I don't believe "showering" matches the
idea. I embrace Worf's comment about swimming; it supports my opinion.

None of the given meanings of {HaH} seems right for pouring or
splashing liquid over something.

-- ghunchu'wI'