[tlhIngan Hol] new puns

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 12:16:09 PDT 2024

On Tue, Jul 30, 2024 at 7:37 PM Lieven L. Litaer via tlhIngan-Hol <
tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org> wrote:

> So far, nobody saw a pun in "be holy", and I feel like it's just not
> hidden... It's just "Yeah!"

It's almost certainly either inspired by or alluding to something Biblical,
though the word is so short it could be any number of things. For example,
it might be from the phrase "be ye holy, for I am holy". Or it could be a
reference to one of the names of God (the one Latinised as "Jehovah" in
some translations of the Bible).

The "el" in {le''aq} is probably also a reference to a name of God.

--
De'vID