[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Dang

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 22 07:14:20 PDT 2024

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, July 20, 2024

Klingon word: Dang
Part of speech: verb
Definition: focus
Source: qep'a' 28 [2021]

(qep'a' 2021):  Make (an image) less blurry. This is used where the subject focuses an object: "I focus my eyes", "I focus the camera", "I was so drunk I couldn't focus my eyes". Objects cannot focus themselves. "My eyes focus" is wrong."

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

SEE ALSO:
jo' 		zoom in on (v)
  - "{jo'} is used for 'zoom in on' (the object is the image).  {jo'Ha'} is 'zoom out' (applied to something that was previously zoomed in on)." (qep'a' 2021)

legh 		see (v)
ghan 		glance at, take a quick look at (v)
chotlh 		stare at, gaze at, observe (v)

tlhoD 		be somewhat obscured, filtered, smudged, fuzzy [i.e. be blurry?]
Huv 		be clear, not obstructed [i.e. be sharp, clearly-focused?]

'enno 		lens (n)
Hov tut 		telescope (n)
chuq'a' leghwI'  space telescope (n)

__