[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: meqHoD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 30 07:37:37 PST 2024

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Klingon word: meqHoD
Part of speech: noun
Definition: bypass
Source: qep'a' 30 (?) [2023]

yu’egh meqHoD ’och
Axial Waveform Bypass Conduit  (Haynes BOP  Workshop Owner's Manual)

(Likka Hauhio, 8/15/2023):  {meqHoD} is bypass, since it was clarified that the Klingon phrase actually is just "waveform bypass conduit".  Maltz said that he preferred that over the version that had axis like the book.

PUN:
(De’vID 8/19/2023):  {DoH} "back away from, back off, get away from" - "bye!" {qem} "bring} - pass (as in "pass the salt")

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey