[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'aqnaw

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 29 07:22:34 PST 2024

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, January 28, 2024

Klingon word: 'aqnaw
Part of speech: noun
Definition: all-purpose knife that seems to cut through anything

(KGT 97):  A general, all-purpose knife that seems capable to be able to cut through practically anything is a {'aqnaw}.

PUN:
 "Act now..." is a catch phrase on US infomercials -- "Act now and you also will receive..." -- often advertising an all-purpose knife which is demonstrated by cutting through everything from rotten tomatoes to bricks.

SEE ALSO:
taj	knife, dagger (n)
'etlh 	sword;  blade (n)

... plus a host of specialized and other ritual knives.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey