[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yI'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 18 07:21:48 PST 2024

Klingon word: yI'
Part of speech: verb
Definition: speak in an honorable or respectful fashion
Source: qepHom 2013

jIyI'
With respect. (Uhura, STID)

(Qov, 7/29/2013):  [Okrand] confirmed that the clearly audible {jIyI'} from Uhura is a new verb, and that there are other new words.

SEE ALSO:
jatlh 		speak (v)
DochHa' 	be polite, civil, courteous (v)
vuv 		respect (v)
Ho' 		admire (v)
naD 		commend, praise (v)
quvmoH 	honor (v)

tIch 		insult (v)
quvHa'moH 	dishonor (v)
maw 		offend (v)
tuHmoH 	shame (someone) (v)
vaq 		mock, taunt (v)
ghong 		abuse (v)

quv 		be honored (v)
mIl  		be formerly honored (v)
Qaq 		behave in a falsely honorable manner (v)
HoQ 		be honored falsely, be falsely honorable (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey