[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: toH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 10 10:07:50 PST 2024

Klingon word: toH
Part of speech: excl
Definition: so, well, aha!
Source: TKD

toH, tera'ngan...
[So, Terran... (untranslated)] PK

toH, SomrawDu' Dunqu'
Oh, what wonderful muscles! (ST5 DVD, extra "making of" feature)

(TKD 58):  {toH} is roughly equivalent to English "aha!"

(KGT 118f.):  This expression [{may' bom pIm bom} "sing a different battle song"] means speak of another matter entirely. It is used when someone changes the topic or offers clarification on an existing one or when some new information comes to light. When uttered, it is frequently preceded by {DaH} ("now") or {toH ("Aha!").

TREK TRIVIA:
"{toH!}  I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A weakling Human, a Vulcan boy, and a woman." [Kruge, ST3]

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey