[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SuQ

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 8 07:32:25 PST 2024

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, January 08, 2024

Klingon word: SuQ
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be toxic
Source: TKD

SuQ
It is toxic. (ST Continuum: KLS)

CULTURE NOTES:
(KGT 87):  … the worms are poured into a bowl filled with the {ghevI'} (sauce), which contains, among other ingredients, pellets of an extremely flavorful herb that the hungry worms quickly ingest, even though it is toxic to them and kills them within minutes.

TREK NOTES:
  The Klingon nerve gas {Qab} (theragen) is instantly lethal if used in its pure form, when diluted with alcohol deadens certain nerve endings in the brain. (TOS "The Tholian Web")

  "[The mugato's] bite is highly poisonous and fatal if untreated. The only antidote for the *mugato* bite is the proper application of the native *mahko* root, which has the ability to draw the toxin out of the human nervous system." (Star Trek: The Worlds of The Federation, p. 140-41; TOS "A Private Little War")

SEE ALSO:
tar 		poison (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey