[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghaptal

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 4 07:32:25 PST 2024

Klingon word: ghaptal
Part of speech: noun
Definition: equator
Source: qepHom 2016

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

PUN:
1)  the Capital Transit token has a circular shape with the word "Capital" written along the line which bisects the circle;
2)  spelled backwards it's {lat pagh} or “LATitude zero” (taD)

SEE ALSO:
yuQ  		planet (n)
qo' 		world (n)
ghor 		surface (of planet) (n)

yuQQeD  	geography  (n)
ghangwI' 	horizon (n)
HeH 		edge, rim (n)
veH 		boundary, frontier, border; barrier (n)

pu'jIn 		map, blueprint, plan (n)
tlhat   		grid, lines (map) (n)
  -  (Lieven, 11/07/2016:  The word for grid on a spreadsheet
     ({tlhat}) can also be used for the lines (grid) on a map.
yamtaw 	line [geometry] (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey