[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SorHa'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 6 07:13:37 PST 2024

Klingon word: SorHa'
Part of speech: verb
Definition: speak metaphorically
Source: qep'a' cha'maHDIch from Okrand to Schoen

(Qov, 7/29/2013):  [Okrand] appears to agree that this implies {Sor} means "speak literally", and that this is connected to the expression {lugh: Sor rur} ["correct as a tree"]. The pun with sure appears from his reaction to be intentional.

(qurgh, 5/16/2016):  I can tell you the pun ({Sor}) is one Okrand really likes, and it's not on the word "sure".  I can't give any more, as I've been literally sworn to secrecy.

PUN:
(Michael Kunin, 5/16/2016):  {Sor} -> shore -> littoral -> literal -> speak literally?

SEE ALSO:
jatlhHa’ 	say the wrong thing, misspeak (v)
pabHa’ 		misfollow (the rules), follow (the rules) wrongly (v)
rev 		quote (v)
vIt  		tell the truth (v)
nep  		lie,  fib (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey