[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: notlh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 5 07:14:00 PST 2024

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, February 04, 2024

Klingon word: notlh
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be obsolete

notlh tonSaw'lIj
Your argument is invalid. (idiom) (qep'a' 2012)

notlh veS... 'a tugh manotlhchoH je maH
War is obsolete... as we are in danger of becoming. (Azetbur, ST6)

(KGT 46f): When Azetbur, leader of the Klingon High Council at the time of the first negotiations for peace with the Federation, expressed concern that "war is obsolete," she said, {notlh veS}, not {notlh noH}; she felt the idea or nature of warfare, not a specific war, was obsolete ({notlh}).

SEE ALSO:
ngo' 		be old (not new) (v)
tIQ 		be ancient (v)
Doy' 		be tired (v)
Qop 		be worn out (v)

vur 		be modern, up-to-date, state-of-the-art (v)
rach  		invigorate, fortify, strengthen (v)
Dub		improve (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey