[tlhIngan Hol] Savan!

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Feb 1 12:47:37 PST 2024

On 2/1/2024 3:38 PM, Lieven L. Litaer via tlhIngan-Hol wrote:
> Hello dear friends!
>
> I just had an interesting discussion, so I forward the question to you:
> How do you feel using the phrase {qavan} or {Savan} as a greeting, be it
> written or spoken?

Out of character for the language, just as it would be out of character
for two little old English-speaking ladies meeting each other on the
sidewalk to say "I salute you" as a greeting.

As a first thing to say when nobody is standing around suspiciously
enough to prompt a {nuqneH}, I might call the person's name or say
{SuH}, {Su'}, or {'eH}, depending on the context (usually {'eH}).
{yIqIm} or {peqIm} is also known to be acceptable. If you already have
the person's attention, drop the greeting entirely.