[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wovmoHwI'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 18 07:29:36 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, September 17, 2023

Klingon word: wovmoHwI'
Part of speech: noun
Definition: light (device, eg lamp)
Source: BoP Poster.

telDaq wovmoHwI'mey
Wing Light (BoP)

qeylIS wovmoHwI' vItoy'.  qulDajDaq jIboghqa'.
I serve the light of Kahless. I am reborn in his flames.
(DSC "The Vulcan Hello")

rI’meH wovmoHwI’ 	beacon (n) (qepHom 2016 < DSC)

wovmoHwI' moQ  	light bulb (n) (TNK)

SEE ALSO:
wovmoHbogh jan  	light (device) (n) (Hallmark)
Sech 			torch (n)
weQ 			candle (n)

wovtaHghach  		light [phenomenon] (n) (DSC)
tamghay 		light, luminescence, illumination (n)

wov  			be light, bright (v)
wovHa'  		be dim (v) (DSC)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey