[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qab jech

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 18 07:17:07 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, September 18, 2023

Klingon word: qab jech
Part of speech: noun
Definition: mask
Source: Hamletmachine

(Hamletmachine notes):  two words; This is a mask as a disguise, not a surgical mask

TREK NOTES:
DROXINE: I don't like filters, or even masks. I like the word "protector"
	much better, don't you?
SPOCK: 	    It is less technical, therefore less accurate, but perhaps more
   	generally descriptive of the function. (TOS “The Cloud
	Minders”)

SEE ALSO:
jech 		disguise, costume (n)
Sut 		clothing (n)
HIp 		uniform (n)

jech 		disguise (v)
tuQ[moH] 	wear [clothing] (v)
vel 		cover, coat, mask (v)

  “And after all, what is a lie? ‘Tis but the truth in masquerade.) (Don Juan, Canto XI, Stanza 37)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey