[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'enno

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 12 07:22:01 PDT 2023

Klingon word: 'enno
Part of speech: noun
Definition: lens
Source: qep'a' 28 [2021]

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

Not marked as a body part in the booklet.  There were two other optics-related words revealed at the qep'a':

Dang 		focus (v) (qep'a' 2021)
  - Make (an image) less blurry; This is used where the subject focuses an object: "I focus my eyes", "I focus the camera", "I was so drunk I couldn't focus my eyes". Objects cannot focus themselves. "My eyes focus" is wrong. (qep'a' 2021)

jo' 		zoom in on (v) (qep'a' 2021)
  - {jo'} is used for "zoom in on" (the object is the image). {jo'Ha'} is "zoom out" (applied to something that was previously zoomed in on). In context, {Sach} "expand, be amplified, be increased in scope" can be used for "be magnified." (qep'a' 2021)

SEE ALSO:
neqratlh  	glasses, spectacles (n)
Hov tut  	telescope (n)
mIllogh qonwI'  camera (n)
‘al’on 		glass [material] (n)

mIllogh  	picture, image, (visual) depiction, drawing,
		etc. (n) [art only?]

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey