[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: roSmaH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 6 07:05:32 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Klingon word: roSmaH
Part of speech: noun
Definition: chromosome
Source: qep'a' 28 [2021]

(qep’a’ 2021):  Chromosomes are numbered (e.g. {roSmaH wej}).  The two sex chromosomes are  {roSmaH pagh} and  {roSmaH bID}; two {roSmaH bID} chromosomes occur in females, one of each occur in males.

(qep’a’ 2021 Q&A):
Q:  Is there a cultural background behind the names for the
      chromosomes?