[tlhIngan Hol] recording of Marc Okrand talk at Kopikon 2023

Hugh Son puqloD Hugh at qeylis.net
Mon Oct 23 04:38:32 PDT 2023

> On Oct 22, 2023, at 02:51, De'vID via tlhIngan-Hol <tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org> wrote:
>

> About a month ago, Dr. Okrand gave a talk at the Kopikon conlang conference. There's a recording of his talk here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P18XaCNXCmI&t=27636s
>
> Of particular interest is that he translated the name of the board game "Monopoly" into Klingon in case it was ever needed, though it ended up not being used. His translation was {ghatlhchu'ghach} "absolute dominance".

It’s good to have an actual name for the game now. I had been (intentionally overliterally) referring to it as {wa'law'} as a joke. It’s understandable why they wouldn’t use that as the name on the box, for brand recognition, but they could have still used it as a smaller secondary title and/or in the instructions.