[tlhIngan Hol] Apposition in the *paq'batlh*

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Wed Oct 18 04:28:39 PDT 2023

*qatlh ngemDaq ghaHtaH
molor Duy'e' marqagh puqloD’e’
Hop juHlIj nov*

What is an envoy of Molor,
Son of Markag, doing in these woods?
You are far away from home, stranger.

(paq'yav 3, 1-3)

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong, but wouldn't that mean that the envoy is the son of Markag? Since *'e'* gives us the reference for *ghaHtaH*, *ghaHtaH* = *molor Duy'* and *ghaHtaH* = *marqagh puqloD*: He is an envoy of Molor and he is the son of Markag.

Shouldn't it have been something like *molor marqagh puqloD Duy'e'*? Or maybe *molor Duy'e' marqagh puqloD Duy'e'*?

By the way: A bit later we see *molor QaS HoS* for *The men of mighty Molor*. Why isn't it *molor HoS QaS*?

Thank you for your help!