[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: toranto

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 16 11:35:55 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, October 15, 2023

Klingon word: toranto
Part of speech: noun
Definition: Toronto
Source: qep'a' 30, Toki Pona: The Language of Good

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

SEE ALSO:
qana'Da'  		Canada (GN)
'onteryo 		Ontario (GN)
qebeq 			Quebec (GN)
bIrI'tIS qolambIya 	British Columbia (GN)
'amerI'qa' ‘ev chan ‘ev 	North America (GN)

qa'naDa’ logh tum   	Canadian Space Agency (JWST)

(MO to Lieven, 3/27/2012):  Maltz said that for language names the construction "country + {Hol}" is most common … There is no such thing as {qa'naDa' Hol}, but {qa'naDa'ngan Hol} might refer to {DIvI' Hol} or {vIraS Hol} (or Cree or Inuit or many other languages). So Maltz thought it best to avoid the {-ngan} construction for language names.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey