[tlhIngan Hol] light a fire

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Oct 15 00:00:09 PDT 2023

Am 14.10.2023 um 23:37 schrieb De'vID:
> Why not? It's possible to {HoS lIng} in canon, and I don't see how fire
> is less of a product than energy.

Well, some people - including me -  argued that when you produce
something, there must be some kind of product. Energy is something you
can store, but not fire.

qurgh said:
<<Fire isn't produced, light and heat are produced by fire. Something
can start the chemical reaction called fire, but it can't produce a
chemical reaction.>>

But anyway, Maltz has now confirmed that {lIng} is okay:

>     You can {lIng} a fire, but you’re more likely to {chenmoH} or
>     {vemmoH} it.
>

> Didn't you already have this conversation back in 2020?

No; The dicussion back than was about how to say call "extinguish" a
fire, which is {QongmoH}. The opposite from that was {vemmoH}

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"