[tlhIngan Hol] light a fire

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sat Oct 14 09:12:37 PDT 2023

In September, there was a discussion on Facebook whether it makes sense
to say {qul lIng} "produce a fire". Some suggested this word, while
others said that if your produce something, there must be a remaining
product, so {lIng} might not be the best choice.

During our preparation for the coming qepHom, Marc Okrand had a chance
to forward our question to Maltz, and his answer somehow made both our
suggestions be right. He wrote:

You can {lIng} a fire, but you’re more likely to {chenmoH} or {vemmoH} it.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"