[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: vev

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Nov 30 07:36:55 PST 2023

Klingon word: vev
Part of speech: verb
Definition: pin, attach or fasten with a pin
Source: qepHom 2016

Also glossed as "insert, put in" (qepHom 2015 p.18)

(qepHom 2015 p.18):
MO: 	A stapler is a {Ha'on vevwI'}. The staple, the little metal thing, is called
	{baS Ha'on} or just {Ha'on}. The verb {vev} means "insert, put in", so the
	 stapler is literally a device that "puts in" the staple ({Ha'on}) into the paper.
	  [ … ]
LL: 	What else can I {vev}?
MO: 	You could put the letter in the envelope. Or put a pen into a pen holder.

SEE ALSO:
rar  		connect, attach,  staple together (v)

Qem		holster, sheathe, pocket (weapon, tool, instrument) (v)
QIq 		draw, pull out (weapon, tool, instrument) (v)

lan 		place, put (v)
jeq 		protrude from (v)

’emvI’  		pin (straight) (n) (qepHom 2016)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey