[tlhIngan Hol] DaHram

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sat Nov 18 22:56:09 PST 2023

A quick report from qepHom'a' 2023, more to come later:

During the party at the second night, some attendee proudly came to me
and reported we finally got a word for "tonight": it's {DaHram}

It's confirmed by Marc Okrand that this is a new word.

While we were discussing this with him, we immediately came to the
conclusion: if you have {DaHram}, there must also be {DaHpem}. He also
confirmed that other combinations were possible, like {DaHpo} and
{DaHpov} etc.

During that same discussion, we realized that terms for "tonight" and so
on had already been discussed many years before, see MSN 1997-06-29,
https://klingon.wiki/En/Msn_1997-06-29d

Okrand said that's no problem. The new words are just shortened forms of
the longer phrases. So basically, {DaHram} is a short form for {DaHjaj
ram} and so on.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"