[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: paSta'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 10 07:20:19 PST 2023

Klingon word: paSta'
Part of speech: noun
Definition: Terran pasta, noodles, spaghetti
Source: qepHom 2020

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

 (qep’a’ 2019):  In the TNG episode "Heart of Glory", the Klingon ordering food and drink (from the food replicator) says he wants {'o'mat ghIrI'}, which is some sort of meat and pasta-like concoction. Then he specifies that the fat in the food should be boiled, one of the optional ways to prepare this dish. He says {tI'Im!} "boil (the fat [in the entrees])!"  He uses the prefix {tI-} because there are three separate entrees.  Finally, he orders a special, rather pungent Klingon beverage known as {pIvyoch}.

This was rendered *O'Mat Gri T'M pffiots* in the episode's closed captions.

SEE:
*tIr SIrghmey tun HaHbogh chanDoq
  spaghetti with sauce (Eric Andeen)

SEE ALSO:
'Italya' 		Italy (GN)
tomat naHmey  tomatoes (n)
chanDoq  	marinade (n)

pub  		boil (v)
HaH 		marinate (v)
jeD  		be thick, dense, viscous (v)
Huy 		be spicy, piquant, hot (v)
jIy 		be umami, savory, earthy (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey