[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Duran lung DIr

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 6 06:56:04 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, November 05, 2023

Klingon word: Duran lung DIr
Part of speech: noun
Definition: Durani lizard skins (food, never uses plural suffix)
Source: KCD

 (KCD):  Served dried and thinly sliced. Discovered by a Klingon military unit stranded on Durani I for six months without supplies.

(MO, st.k 3/23/1998):  … if the skin just came off either by natural causes […] or by the creatures being, well, skinned, then the body-part plural suffix {-Du'} may be used: {DIrDu'}.  But {DIr} alone, without a suffix, is heard most often.

Originally spelled {Dura'ngan lung DIr} in the first draft of KCD script.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey