[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lolchu'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed May 31 09:11:11 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Klingon word: lolchu'
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be in a correct attitude (aircraft)
Source:

Source: HolQeD 11.2

Derivative of {lol} "be in an attitude (i.e. aircraft); be in a stance/pose (i.e. people or animals):

(De’vID, 3/01/2019):  I got confirmation from Maltz that {lol} does not take an object when used for a martial arts stance. The verb to use for that is {much}.

DuHIvmeH SuvwI' lol ghaH
the warrior is in a stance to attack you [HQ 11.2]

qughmeH Duj vIlolmoH
I put the vessel in the attitude for cruise (or cruising)

SEE:
lolchu'taH  	maintain a correct attitude (i.e. aircraft) (v)
lolmoH  	maneuver an aircraft to be in some attitude
		 or other (v)
loltaH  		maintain an attitude (i.e. aircraft) (v)
lolSeHcha  	attitude-control thrusters (n)

TREK NOTES:
  "Inertial dampers failing. We're losing attitude control!" [after colliding with the USS Bozeman] (Ens. Ro, TNG "Cause and Effect")

  "Adjust the axial stabilizers to match the attitude and rotation rate of the Enterprise." (Picard, TNG "Genesis")

  "I've regained attitude control of the Enterprise." (Picard, TNG "Genesis")

SEE ALSO:
ron 		bank [an aircraft] (v)
QoD 		maneuver (engines) (v)
taH 		be at a negative angle [aircraft?] (v)
qaw’ 		tip/flip over (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey