[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Hurgh Duj

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue May 23 07:45:13 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Klingon word: 	Hurgh Duj
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	submarine, blimp
Source: 	qepHom 2019

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

(Daniel Dadap, 11/16/2019):  The word from qepHom is that submarines and blimps are {bIQ Hurgh Dujmey, muD Hurgh Dujmey je}, respectively, so from now on this song is {bIQ Hurgh Dujmaj SuD} [“Yellow Submarine”]…

SEE:
muD Hurgh Duj  	blimp (n)
Hurgh  			pickle (cucumber) (n)

SEE ALSO:
weSjech ba'Suq Duj 	hot air balloon (n)
weSjech  		fabric, cloth, textile (n)
ba'Suq  			bubble (n)

rIj  			be moored, anchored (v)
rIjHa’			be adrift (v)
‘al  			float (in/on air) (v)
‘ay 			float (in/on water or other liquids) (v)
‘oq  			sink (into water, etc) (v)
‘oqmoH 		submerge (V)

(MO’s qepHom 2018 Video Interview):  {'oq} is to be submerged, be under water, and {'oqmoH} is make someone be submerged, push them down.  If your boat sinks, you can say {'oq}. But if it's a boat in your bathtub and you push it down, it's 'oqmoH.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey