[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jaD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon May 22 07:22:10 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, May 21, 2023

Klingon word: jaD
Part of speech: verb
Definition: toss something, throw around, hurl about

(KGT 91):  Note that {Soj woD} ("He/she throws the food away"), which refers to a regrettable activity, is very different from {Soj jaD} ("He/she throws or hurls the food in the manner of a projectile"), which, under certain circumstances, is considered a reasonable pastime.

SEE:
jaDchu'  	juggle (objects, not tasks) (v)

SEE ALSO:
baQ 		toss bat'leth from one hand to the other (v)
jIrmoH		twirl/cause bat'leth to rotate (v)
chuH 		throw/hurl a spear at (v)
vo' 		propel (v)
woD  		throw away (v)
tlhur 		catch (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey