[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yuQjIjQa'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon May 15 07:29:58 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, May 15, 2023

Klingon word: 	yuQjIjQa'
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	United Federation of Planets

Note the synonym {yuQjIjDIvI'}.  AFAIK neither has been used in a sentence; Klingons seem to prefer the shorter {DIvI'} "federation".

Has Maltz ever explained the difference between the two, other than the obvious of one being a type of {Qa'} while the other a type of {DIvI'}?

We know of four examples:
   yuQjIjQa' 		United Federation of Planets
   qarDaSQa' 		Cardassian Union
   tuqjIjQa' 		United Kingdom
   'amerI'qa' SepjIjQa' 	United States of America

Is {Qa'} a (long-term?) political union while {boq} refers to a (temporary or short-term?) alliance, block, or coalition?

De'vID, is {Qa'} - or for that matter {boq} - used in the 2nd edition of the paq'batlh?

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey