[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: reqwer

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu May 11 07:49:46 PDT 2023

Klingon word: 	reqwer
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	shrimp-like animal
Source: 	qepHom 2021

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(Lieven, 11/01/2015):  Marc told me [at qepHom 2015] the following, said with my own words:  First, a {ghotI'} is a true fish, the animal that children would draw if they hear the word “fish”.  A {bIQDep} covers most animals that live in the sea.  Marc gave as possible examples "dolphins, whales, fish, octopus" but he said it's not used for shrimps or even smaller animals like water bugs.  When asked for a seal, he said that a seal or a sea lion does not really live IN the water, so that's probably not a {bIQDep}.  Every {ghotI'} is a {bIQDep}, but not every {bIQDep} is a {ghotI'}.

SEE ALSO
targhoroj  	crab-like animal (n)
DuHSum 	lobster (n)
pIpyuS 		pipius (n)
pach 		claw (n)
nagh DIr 	shell (of an animal) (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey