[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tuHmoH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue May 9 08:00:29 PDT 2023

Klingon word: tuHmoH
Part of speech: verb
Definition: shame

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

SEE:
tuH  		shame (n)

Don't confuse with the noun {tuH} "adventure, military maneuver (of any kind)".

tuH  		be ashamed (v)

bItuH
You are ashamed. KLS

bItuHpa' bIHeghjaj
Death before shame.
 ("May you die before you are shamed.") PK

Dujeychugh jagh nIv yItuHQo'
There is nothing shameful in falling before a superior enemy.
("If a superior enemy defeats you, don't be ashamed"). TKW

bItuHlaHbe'chugh bIquvlaHbe'
If you cannot be shamed, you cannot be honored. TKW

wa' SuvwI' muHlu'DI', tuHchoH Hoch SuvwI'pu'
The execution of but one warrior brings shame to all. TKW

tuHbe' tlhInganvam jay'
Curse this Klingon, who has no shame! PB

tIqDu'vam tuHqu' Say'moHchu'jaj bIQtIqvam
May these waters wash clean these hearts, blackened with shame. (PB)

TREK NOTES:
  Klingons feel that seriously injured warriors should be allowed to die or carry out ritual suicide  {Heghba'} rather than live in shame and humiliation. (TNG "Ethics")

SEE ALSO:
web 		be disgraced (v)
tIch 		insult (v)
naDHa'  	discommend,  disapprove (of) (v)

Hem 		be proud (v)
naD  		praise, commend, approve [of] (v)
quv 		be honored (v)
quvmoH 	honor [someone] (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey