[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nung

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 29 07:37:32 PDT 2023

Klingon word: nung
Part of speech: verb
Definition: precede

poH tuj bI'reS nungbogh wa' jaj qeylIS DIS chorghvatlh
  loSmaH jav qaStaHvIS. [sic]
In the days that follow the summer solstice in the Year
   of Kahless 846. ('U'-MTK)

may' lunungbogh repmey'e' qeylISvaD mu'meyvam ja'ta'
  molor qotar je
This is what Kotar and Molor have said to Kahless in the
  hours before battle. (PB)

(qep’a’ 2016):  When asked about navigating lists or events, [Maltz] gave us {vorgh} "be previous" (opposite of {veb} "be next").  Can also use {nungbogh} ({nung} "precede") …

SEE ALSO:
tagh 		begin (v)
tlha' 		follow (v)
Qav 		be last, be final (v)

mung 		origin (n)

nubwI' 		predecessor [sic!])
qempa' 	ancestor (n) [pl. no']
'emrIgh 	ancestor (direct) (n)
nortlham 	descendant (n)
cho' 		succession (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey