[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: bewSom pa'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 22 07:56:18 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Klingon word: 	bewSom pa'
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	brewery [room];
Source: 	qepHom 2020

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

SEE:
bewSom  	[mash] (n)
  - “mixture of ingredients that, after a bit of time, produces fermented {HIq}. Maltz thought that maybe this was shortened from something like {bewSom roghmeH qegh pa'} "vat for fermenting {bewSom} room" or "{bewSom} fermenting vat room", but he wasn't sure about that.” (qepHom 2020)

bewSom qach  	brewery [building] (n) (qepHom 2020)

“Mashing is the term given to the start of the brewing process, where crushed grains are mixed with water to form a porridge-like mixture called the “mash.” It is in the mash that malt and other cereal starches are transformed into sugars and proteins and other materials are made soluble, creating the sweet fermentable liquid called the wort.’ (https://beerandbrewing.com/dictionary/BkD3Ilopul/ )

SEE ALSO:
HIq 		liquor (beer, wine, ale, etc.) (n)

'ebHIv  		still (n) (qepHom 2020)
  - “apparatus used to distill various concoctions into an acceptable form of HIq [i.e. a still]” (qepHom 2020)
'ebHIv pa’  	distillery [room] (n) (qepHom 2020)
'ebHIv qach  	distillery [building] (n) (qepHom 2020)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey