[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: neqjung

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 28 07:59:15 PDT 2023

Klingon word: 	neqjung
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	contact, encounter, rendezvous
Source: 	qep'a' 28 [2021]

(qep’a’ 2021):  The noun counterpart to {ghom}. It would be used in phrases such as {neqjung wa'DIch} "first contact”.

TREK NOTES:
  The Vulcan survey ship T'plana-Hath made first contact with Earth after detecting the warp field of Zefram Cochrane's experimental craft Phoenix, landing at his launch site, an abandoned nuclear missile site at Bozeman, Montana on April 5th, 2063. (ST:FC)

  Earth's first contact with the Klingons occurred in 2151 when official courier Klaang crash landed on Earth in Broken Bow, Oklahoma in 2151 - where he was shot by a farmer - and was returned to Kronos by the Enterprise.  Linguist Hoshi already knew some of the Klingon dialects, probably from a shared Vulcan database. (ENT "Broken Bow I-II")

  First contact with Ventax II was made in 2297 by a Klingon expedition. (TNG "Devil's Due')

SEE ALSO:
qep 		meeting (n)
Sum 		Zoom [videochat app] (n)

ghom 		meet, encounter, assemble, rendezvous (v)
qIH 		meet [for the first time] (v)
lIH 		introduce (v)
pIH		expect (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey