[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jolpat

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 27 07:06:42 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, March 27, 2023

Klingon word: jolpat
Part of speech: noun
Definition: transporter system
Source: BOP

jolpatmey
transporter systems  (KBoP)

wey jolpat:  wa' (jav ghotpu')
Personnel Transporter - 1 (6 Man)  (KBoP)

tep jolpat:  wa'
Cargo Transporter – 1.  (KBoP)

TREK NOTES:
  Scotty warns Kirk that, "A cranky transporter's a mighty finicky piece of machinery to be gambling your life on." (TOS "The Doomsday Machine")
  The maximum range of the Enterprise-D's transporter was 40,000 km. (TNG "A Matter of Honor")
  Dominion long-range transporters have a range up to three light years. (DS9 "Covenant")

See:
jol  		transport beam, transporter (device) (n)
jol Quv  	transport site (n)
jolpa'  		transporter room (n)
jolvoy'  		transporter ionizer unit (n)

jol  		beam (aboard) (v)
Qol 		beam away (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey