[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wep buq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 21 08:42:02 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Klingon word: 	wep buq
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	coat pouch, pocket
Source: 	Okrand qepHom'a' 2010

(Lieven, 12/07/2010):  The word {buq} could be bag, sack, pouch or even pocket. When clarity is needed, one could say, for example, {yopwaH buq} "pants pouch" or {wep buq} "coat pouch" for "pants pocket" or "coat pocket," but when the context is clear, {buq} alone would suffice for pocket.

SEE:
wep  		jacket, coat; shirt with sleeves (regional) (n)
buq  		pouch, bag, sack, pocket (n),
  - leng buq 		suitcase (n)
  - QongDaq buq 	sleeping bag, pillow (n)
  - yopwaH buq 		pants pocket (n)

SEE ALSO:
Qem  		holster, sheathe, pocket (weapon, tool, instrument) (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey