[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'ISyar

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 20 06:52:04 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, March 18, 2023

Klingon word: 	'ISyar
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	legacy
Source: 	qep'a' 26

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(Lieven, 11/15/2022 in re the movie "qepHom: The Legacy"):  … after many years we have finally completed our movie about the qepHom. It will premiere at this year's 20th anniversary qepHom, and after that shown on YouTube. The movie is in German, and subtitles will be added during the following weeks. Sorry for that delay. And, no, the movie does not contain any Klingon. But I just wanted to let you guys know about the movie, especially those who understand German. More about the movie on the website:   www.qephom.de/TheLegacy   For social media, please use the hashtag #qepHomTheLegacy

PUN:
   “I noticed a pun/etymology/mnemonic for {'ISyar}.  ”Legacy" is the [TNG] episode that features Tasha Yar's sister, ISHara YAR.” (TaD)

SEE ALSO"
quH 		heritage (n)
qun 		history, career (n)
lurDech 	tradition (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey