[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wuS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 15 07:07:28 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Klingon word: 	wuS
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	lip

Doq 'ej Qaj wuS rur
be orange/red and resemble *kradge* lips
["The lips of the *kradge* are presumably a particular shade of brown."] (st.k 2/1998)

(HQ 12.4:8):  If {tlhepQe'} "saliva" is produced, one is said to {tIl} "salivate}.  If the {tlhepQe'} involuntarily escapes one's lips and dribbles down one's chin, one is said to {bol} "drool".  To intentionally eject the {tlhepQe'} from one's mouth is to {tuy'} "spit".

SEE:
wuS rItlh naQ  	lipstick (n)

SEE ALSO:
nuj 		mouth (n)
Du’ran 		philtrum [groove between upper lip and nose] (n)
ghIch 		nose
jat 		tongue (n)
lev 		roof of mouth (n)
Ho' 		tooth (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey