[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rab

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 7 08:15:19 PST 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Klingon word: 	rab
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be gigantic, huge, humongous
Source: 	QelIS boqHarmey [Klingon Alice]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

Lieven, how is it used in QelIS boqHarmey?

PUN:
Hebrew *rab/rav* (m. sg. adj.) “great, much, considerable, goodly, abundant” ??

SEE ALSO:
tIn 		be big, large (v)

  ’When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I
choose it to mean—neither more nor less.’
  ’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’
  ’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master—that’s all.'
  -- [Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland]

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey