[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ngeSlIch

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 27 07:31:39 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Klingon word: 	ngeSlIch
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	loan
Source: 	qep'a' 28 [2021]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

SEE:
ngeSlIch ‘ap  	interest (on a loan) (n) (qep’a’ 2021)

SEE ALSO:
Huch 		money (n)
ghunta 		check, promissory note (n)
ghogh'ot 	bill, payment request (n)
‘ap  		dues,  toll (n)
qav'ap 		rent (n)

noj 		lend (v)
ngIp 		borrow (v)
DIl 		pay for (v)
rup 		fine, tax (v)
wel 		owe (v)
nobHa' 		give back, return [i.e. refund] (v)

TREK TRIVIA:
 “Once you have their money, you never give it back.” (Rule of Acquisition No. 1; DS9 “The Nagus” & “Heart of Stone”)

Huch nobHa'bogh verenganpu''e' yIvoqQo'
Don't trust Ferengi who give back money. (TKW)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey