[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: naS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 26 07:18:12 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, June 26, 2023

Klingon word: naS
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be vicious

naS; norgh rur
"vicious as a *norg*) (common simile, KGT)

(KCD):  The {Qa'} is a "type of vicious animal". The word {Qa'Hom} can apparently be applied to someone (or some animal) that may act like it's a vicious {Qa'} but is, in fact, just a little, harmless creature, fluffing itself up to make itself look bigger.

  “The sabre bear is at its most vicious when cornered with no means of escape.” (Martok, DS9 “Blaze of Glory”)

  “… though the Klingons are brutal and aggressive, they are most efficient.” (Kirk, TOS “The Trouble With Tribbles”)

PUN:
NAS-ty?  or  GNASH-ing of teeth?

SEE ALSO:
qej 		be grouchy, mean (v)
qu' 		be fierce (v)
wIH 		be ruthless (v)
ral 		be violent (v)
vaQ 		be aggressive (v)
vID 		be belligerent (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey