[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: chIS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 12 08:41:33 PDT 2023

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, June 11, 2023

Klingon word: chIS
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be white
Source: TKD

peDtaH 'ej chIS qo'
It's snowing and the world is white.
(Dutch magazine "Oor", Nov-Dec 2011, p.39 < "Fifty Words for Snow" by Kate Bush)

TREK TRIVIA:
  "One of the more notable native animal forms on Neural (Zeta Bootis III) is the mugato [{mughato'}], a large, white, ape-like creature with dorsal spines and a cranial horn." ("Star Trek: The Worlds of The Federation", p. 140-41; cf. TOS "A Private Little War")

(HQ 10.4:5):  The {yatqap} is "a gray (sometimes white) bird that can travel particularly long distances without pausing"

SEE ALSO:
wov 		be light/bright
qIj		be black (v)

SeQpIr <<maQbetlh>> vIrev:
  “My hands are of your color; but I shame
    To wear a heart so white.”

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey